I'm forwarding this posting from another list I read, in the
expectation that there will be inkshedders who don't already know
about it and might be interested.

-- Russ

===================
CCC Online

In the most recent issue of CCC, in "From the Editor," Deb Holdstein
refers to a "reinvigorated CCC Online," and it's my pleasure to be
able to be more specific. CCC Online has a new look, a new mission,
and a new location: http://inventio.us/ccc

What we've done is to turn CCC Online into a site for the management
of that journal's metadata. The content of the journal itself will
remain at NCTE, but CCCO provides abstracts, keywords, bibliographies,
et al., giving users both thumbnail information about the content, and
linking together the journal's archives in interesting ways. We're
using Movable Type and del.icio.us to make the journal more accessible
to searches, bookmarking, tagging, and research in a variety of ways,
and we're pretty pleased with the results thus far. We've still got a
ways to go in terms of adding back issues, but there's enough up there
now to see some of the potential of the site.

I've posted a more detailed description of and introduction to the
site over at my blog:
http://wrt-brooke.syr.edu/cgbvb/archives/2005/09/ccc_online_goes.html
and have been discussing some of the site's features as we've
developed them over the past month or so.

The easiest way to understand what I'm talking about here, though, is
to visit the site itself and to take a look. So, please feel free to
take the site for a spin, and to let us know what you think, either
through blog comments or over email. In addition to steadily adding
back issues over the next semester, we'll be polishing and tweaking
both the interface and the static content, so feedback is welcome.
Thanks!

Collin Brooke
Associate Editor (Online), CCC

Russell Hunt