Mary Ann:

Call a Spade a Spade.

Bush started the Iraq war and for what reason?  WMD was what we were
told.  Any thinking
person would have known that Iraq had no Weapons of Mass
Destruction.  The UN inspectors 2 dsys after the invasion
said there were no WMD.  Then it was another rationale for going to
war.....and yet another.

As a lifelong Republican, I am devastated with our leadership or
rather the lack of it.  As a student of the various
religions, I cannot for the life of me, figure out why Mr. Bush took
on Iraq except for the razzing he no doubt got
when in the national guard and senior Bush didn't finish the job when
we were in drove Saddam out of Kwuait in 1991.

His opposition to Embryonic Stem Cell Research is another stick in my
craw.  Purely political motivation on his
part and that of the Republican Right Wing segment.  Anyone who is
political enough to believe that a particular
party is always right is asking for trouble and it will come.  Good
leadership demands doing what is right not what
is politically correct.  The Golden Rule is still the best policy and
will endure even if we have to over-throw the government
to make it so.

I tend to agree that politics should not be part of this list,
however in the first paragraph above, one must call it as it is.

Jack.....Topeka, KS

The land of Sen. Brownback and the Board of Education who believes
that Intelligent Design should be part of science
classes rather than taught in the home and church.  Also, home of the
bigot, the Rev. Fred Phelps.