Dear Joan,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your involvement with the Lane Evans
Unity Dinner, the article from the Springfield paper and your speech.   WOW!
Your description of how Parkinson's disease affects our lives and  robs us of
our personality, assurance and abilities was so accurate that it  evoked
emotions in me that I normally attempt to keep a lid  on.  Your analogy of PD as
that "voice" that whispers us into  submission and induces us into silence
portrays the power and control that  this disorder wishes to exert over our lives.
Public knowledge is  needed about this disease and about the true grit and
determination it  takes daily to defy it.  Thank you and Lane Evans and Jan
Schakowsky  and Jim Langevin and all the many people who are standing up, making
their voices heard and leading in the effort to realize a cure for  Parkinson's
and the many diseases and disabilities that stem cell research has  hope of
accomplishing.

My thoughts will be with you on September second when you and Rep. LaHood
visit Dr. Cady's embryonic research lab.  I have a feeling that you will  find
the way to convince Rep. LaHood of the importance of this  research to the
lives of the many people of Illinois who suffer with  disability and disease.

Dee