Dear Mary Ann,

I speak for myself and I think that I can speak for Ray when I say  that our
recent posts did not at all pertain to the disaster in New Orleans  nor the
actions taken/or not taken by government officials; either the mayor or  the
president.

I was referring to Ray's earlier post in which she said that she would like
to have attended the event in Arizona at which President Bush addressed a
group  on Medicare issues...at least, I think that was his topic...I have deleted
the  post from Ray so cannot remember the particulars.  I believe there were
plans for a protest group to have been there that day and that Ray would like
to  have been a part of it.  I believe the protest pertained to the Iraq  war
and had nothing to do with hurricane Katrina and the devastation in
Louisiana, Mississippi and elsewhere.

When I voice my criticism of President Bush on this forum, it is in regard
to his policy on stem cell research and his unwillingness to fund  embryonic
stem cell research.  It also carries over to his policy on the  war in Iraq
because I think that he is disingenuous when he professes his  belief that he must
protect stem cells in a petri dish while, at the  same time, sending men
(nearly 2,000 now) to be killed each day  in Iraq.  He has no aversion to the
death penalty here in  America nor the killing of thousands of civilians: men,
women, children,  babies and aged during our invasion of Iraq.

My criticism of President Bush will focus on these issues here in the
forum...Outside this forum, I will make my judgement, along with the rest of the
world, on his performance in the hurricane disaster.

Dee