Dear List members,

I have just gotten off the phone with my niece who's 24 year old daughter  is
one of the many New Orleans storm victims who have become displaced, lost
most of their worldly possessions and are struggling to regain a semblance  of
order to their lives.

 She is a residential counselor with an organization called  "Boy's Hope,
Girl's Hope" who are headquartered in Bridgeton,  Missouri.  They are a privately
funded, non-profit, multi-denominational  organization that provides at-risk
children with a stable home, positive  parenting, high quality education, and
the support needed to reach their  full potential. Many of their children come
from home environments marked by  drug abuse, poverty or neglect.  Others
come from caring families unable  to meet the child's needs.

My niece, Danielle and her group of young girls were able to  evacuate New
Orleans just prior to Katrina's landfall.  They first went to  Baton Rouge and
now, are in Natchez, Mississippi.  They now have a place to  sleep, food &
water.  They were able to access enough funds to purchase  a change of clothes
from a local Goodwill store yesterday.  Some  of the young girls do not know the
whereabouts of some of their family  members. One of the children's mothers is
missing and may have been lost in  the flood.  I say all of this because I
know that there is help  needed.  The organization's website is
http://www.boyshopegirlshope.org/  .  I hope that if you are planning to make a donation for
hurricane disaster relief, that you visit their web-site, read the details and
 mission of their program and contribute what you can to their
efforts....These children's lives have been torn and buffeted about since  some of them
were born to this earth....and now Katrina!

Dee

                                                             She is a
residential counselor with an organization called "Boy's  HoHopGirl'sHope"
headquartered in Bridgeton,  Missouri.