The results among the placebo patients in a study point to the power
of positive thinking, among other things.  Would you mind posting any
links to info on this study?  I'm excited to read info on actual stem
cell implantations being done on humans.  Thanks.  And sorry if I'm
jumping in in the middle of a conversation.

I'm not suggesting that the scientists are above playing politics,
especially those researchers who are subsidized by the drug companies.
But science can seem "tight" because the scientific method is very
demanding.  Experiments are like ointment.  If a fly gets into the
ointment, (or if an uncontrollable variable enters into the idea being
tested in an experiment), the scientific method demands that the
entire jar of ointment be discarded.  For the scientific method, you
can't just stick your finger in the ointment and scoop the fly out.
Scientists should take great care not to make any assumptions, and
only rely on results that are verifiable.

By the way, by using the scientific method, I've been able to
determine through exhaustive but verifiable experimentation, that the
Buffalo Bills are going to open up a can o' whoop-ass on the Houston
Texans at the Ralph this Sunday.  Football! Woot!

Enjoy!
Rick McGirr
Email: [log in to unmask]