Hi, Joe,

There really are a lot of helpful resources and knowledgeable people
available here.  Some of us have different appreciations than others,
but we all feel like we belong here.

The thing that I get out of broaching the political divide is that it
reminds me that it's not my fault that I have PD.  'Course it's not
W's fault either, but he stands between me and my cure, so I guess I
have at least one bone to pick with our wonderful president.

Anyway, you can add up the sender and the subject line, and then make
a quick judgement whether to open a particular post.

Welcome to the group.  I sure wish you didn't have to be here, but
anyway, welcome.  I'm on ropinerole (Requip) after trying mirapex and
being put heavily to sleep by it.  Actually, some months ago I decided
to try life without carb/levodopa, in order to put off the bad
side-effects for as long as possible. So far, it's been a little more
difficult over all, but I'm handling it.  Thing is I don't know how
long this will last, and after all, I don't think even my neurologist
has a clear idea which course is better.

Tell us a little about yourself.  Age, when diagnosed, where you live,
family, hobbies.  And there are plenty of people who will respond to
your PD questions, so fire away.  I personally don't know that much,
but I will try to help if it's something I have experience with.

And as far as politics, well,  I can't really tell you.  Just vote
your conscience.

Enjoy!
Rick McGirr
Email: [log in to unmask]