First of all, I don't think this is true. I have not heard of teeth
developing in the heads of anyone. Anything is possible but if you want to
Most researchers do not experiment on human subjects (even when the subjects
are willing). You say "The Parkinson's researchers feel that stem-cells will
not yield good results.", but I am sure the research community is not of one
mind on this issue.

It's important to remember that stem cell research is *research*. That means
few stem cell treatments are developed into treatments or cures at this
point. If traditional medicine is any indicator and if stem cells work, it
will take at least ten years before stem cell treatment is available. The
first flying machines crashed, but millions of people now fly in aircraft
every year. Research takes time and no one gets it right the first time.

Stem cells may provide few treatments in the long run, but they've already
proven vital in leukemia cases. "bone marrow" transplants are actually stem
cell transplants. Just like everyone else, scientists do buy into particular
paradigms and refuse to fund research in other areas, but there is always a
counter-movement in science. You make a name for yourself in science by
discovering new things. Nearly every scientist you can name discovered or
proposed something radical (e.g. Einstein and relativity). You make money by
curing diseases, not by ignoring avenues of study. When it comes to guidance
in how to spend science dollars, scientists (not politicians or religious
leaders) are probably the best source.

Bush has proven himself to be anti-science. We don't need to look any
further than the "intelligent design" situation. This is not a case of a few
school districts and Bush being smart and the rest of us being duped by
arrogant anti-god scientists. Intelligent design just doesn't have a
scientific leg to stand on. Even so, Bush supports "intelligent design" and
has even appropriated funds to teach it to our children.