Hi.
As in other times of difficulty, my friends on "The List" seem to be a good
place to turn.  I'll try to be brief.
I am 52 Years old - P.D. for 5-7 years.  (Don Mckinley you can jumo in  with
your two cents worth anytime as I know you've had years of dealing with  this
disease).
This spring I had jaw surg for severe Sleep apnea-HT:5' 4" & WT  (when I
started this I was 140 now weigh 107) so as they say I was not typical  body build
for sleep apnea but it was so severe I was extremely sleep  deprived.  My
Neuro, whom I trust had me come there (U of Mich) and have  the surg.  I was
wired shut 4-5 weeks then an infection (abcess on my gums)  caused them to take
out one of the many plates they put in my jaw (it was a  brutal 7 1/2 hr surg.).
 Over the next two months a bone in my jaw cracked  and shifted and back to
surgery a week ago to put in reinforcement and I signed  a consent for a bone
graft from my hip but it ended up not necessary.  WHEW!!!  Here's my problem.
I had already los 30 pounds and now  I'm back on a liquid diet,  can only eat
what goes thru a straw as my jaw  is wired shut 5-6 weeks total.  I am too
thin now and don't want to lose  any more weight but besides that I have to crush
up my pills to get them in and  they don't last long that way. (I'm on
sinemet 25/100, CR &  Regular, Mirapex, which are the main concern I also take
Zoloff,  Clonapan and at night.  Now on Clindomycin every 6 hours which  keeps me
in a state of nausea but very important and I mase take it so I  do.  I don't
mean to whine so I'll quit for now but  any suggetions on what to eat,  I mean
drink, and what would help my  meds be more effective (or last longer) would
be welcome.  Anyone  with experience with jaw surgery?
Oh, by the way I sleep like a kitten, It really did cure my sleep  apnea.
Diane
in Michigan