To see another aspect of Asian medicine, look up pdrecovery.org.  This is by an acupuncturist, but she doesn't use acupuncture on PD.  She says it doesn't help, however she has studied PD intensively, more than most MDs I'm sure, and has come up with a simple treatment that is causing recovery.  She isn't in it for the money because you can download both her books for free.  One is 6 hundred pages, about the PD meds.  Very informative,   the other 250 or so.about her treatments.  Just read it and decide for yourself.  You can also buy the books from her, for not much more than the ink and paper cost me.  They are very interesting and though provoking.  Paula