Donna and Carol,

I am so sorry to hear that you got infections with your DBS.  That was my big worry when I had a bilateral DBS in June-July 2003 and a repositioning in left brain of electrodes in Sept 2003...but I sailed through both and they really quashed my tremors.
1st surgery I stayed at nearby nursing home til implant was done due to this fear.  on 2nd I went home 70 miles away.

Now I'm fighting infection in right shin where suspicious lesion was removed and it turned out to be non-cancerous  unlike one on left shin.  The dermatologist took it off rather than biopsy it to save me the extra trip and trouble.  Infection in big toe is abating.

But DBS is a really big step....it can be so helpful or go so wrong.  It's too bad that we don't have treatments that are safer and less experimental.  You'd think after 38 years there would be something better than Sinemet which doesn't help me. Jerry Lewis after 50 years is still raising money for muscular dystrophy.

Ray