I was diagnosed 15 years ago and can remember experiencing symptions at least 8 years before that.  I guess thats adds up to more than 20.  Would you have guessed I majored in math?
The most important thing is to maintain the best physical condition possiblle.  Taught tae kwon do for 15 years during this period. Hiked and backpacked every weekend ( rain or shine).
Have particapated in at least 6 research studies at OHSU.
My wife is the best cook in the nation.  Nutrition is important.
At the same time it is very easy to get injured and simply lay around for months.  I've tried that a couple of times also.
I am now on
neurontin 300*3

omeprazole 20 * 1

selegiline 5 * 1

sinemet 25/100 * 4

mirapex .5 * 3

celebrex 100 * 2

zyrtec 10 * 1 (as needed)

trazadone 50 *     1

ginko biloba 60 * 1

fish oil 1000 * 2

vit centrum a to zinc .5 * 1

wine glass * 2

coffee cup * 3

chocolate.

I am coming off an injury (squished disc) and according to my Omron pedometer i am now back up to an average of 22000 steps aday.   I listen to books on tape a lot while walking.  I have developed moderate dyskinesias and am off about 4 hr a day.  My off periods are not as pronounced as some.  Dr Nutt has suggested that upping my sinemet dose to 5 a day would be worth considering.   I am trying every 5.5 hr which is a heck of a funny schedule.

\Randy