I don't know how a political party can excommunicate members, but this article says the Republican party is a 'spiritual' party.

If anybody wants the entire article of my abstracts of Diane's posts, email me and I will send them on to you.  Ray

Claire sounds like a good "Christian"

"I'm glad Frist is out of the party." Says Clair Johnson, of Chillicothe Ohio. "He is a baby killer. Frankly, I think he should be shot like all the rest of those damn Democrats that are wrecking this good country. I just can't believe Dr. Frist could turn evil like that, but now that he has, well I don't care what happens to him."