I received the sad news yesterday that Barbara Blake-Krebs, one of the early Parkinsn list members, died of pneumonia on Thursday. She was 65 years old and had battled Parkinson's for over 21 years.

I met Barb on the Parkinson's list. She was an active contributor to the list and an advocate for the passage of the Udall Bill in Kansas. We became friends and collaborators, working on the book "When Parkinson's Strikes Early."

A funeral service will be held in Prairie Village, Kansas on Oct. 3rd.
Barb's husband Fred asked that donations in Barb's memory be made to the University of Kansas Medical Center's Parkinson's Disease Center of Excellence, 3599 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160
where Barbara had been treated for many years.

If you'd like to send a note of condolence to Fred Krebs, his email address is FredK [log in to unmask]

Rest in peace Barb.

Linda Herman