Anyone who reads Janice Walton-Hadlock's books, those Paula mentions below,
cannot help but get the impression that the author is very concerned about her
patients, has spent a great deal of time and effort with them, and has done a
lot of research.  I caution potential readers, however, that the author has a
very unusual notion about the cause of Parkinson's disease (one that cannot be
verified), and that much of what she says is based only on her personal
observations.  She is honest enough to say that certain statements she makes
are her opinions, and that she can't actually know that this or that is the
case.  Still, she is very straightforward, and reflects plenty of common sense
and professional ethic.  Definitely worth the read, well-written, but to be
considered very carefully.  The author challenges the established medical
profession (nothing wrong with that) by encouraging patients to get off of
their drugs, very gradually, but also cautions over and over that PD patients
who have been on drugs have little chance of full recovery, since--in her
opinion--the meds might have done permanent damage.  Many readers will be able
to identify with the experiences of her patients.  I applaud the author for
her efforts, but am somewhat skeptical about some of her conclusions.  Scott

>===== Original Message From "Parkinson's Information Exchange Network"
>To see another aspect of Asian medicine, look up pdrecovery.org.  This is by
an acupuncturist, but she doesn't use acupuncture on PD.  She says it doesn't
help, however she has studied PD intensively, more than most MDs I'm sure, and
has come up with a simple treatment that is causing recovery.  She isn't in it
for the money because you can download both her books for free.  One is 6
hundred pages, about the PD meds.  Very informative,   the other 250 or
so.about her treatments.  Just read it and decide for yourself.  You can also
buy the books from her, for not much more than the ink and paper cost me.
They are very interesting and though provoking.  Paula

Scott E. Antes
Department of Anthropology
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5200