Dear CJ

You are right, many godly people, like my high school Episcopalian friend,
are on our side and  working for us.  Nevertheless, the opposition to
medical research that counts comes from Bush and his die-hard supporters.
Anyone who doesn't recognize that just doesn't want to.

I don' know what a cure will consist of or when it will happen, but as I sit
and rot I can't  help but wonder what might have been possible if we had
leader and his armies of compassion in a war on disease instead of fighting
people who did NOT attack us.

I happen to know something about American History.  People came here to
practice the religion of their choice, but  they were not tolerant of
others.  The Puritans were the worst offenders,  killing about 5 Quakers and
around 30 people and a dog in the Salem witch trials.

In the 18th century there was a movement called the "Enlightenment" or "Age
of Reason".  Our founding fathers were conversant with this philosophy and
created a Constitution based on those values, not the biblical Ten
Commandments.

The US Constitution is a "mechanistic" document with its checks and
balances, which outlines the powers of men, not gods.  Anyone who doesn't
know this is either uneducated or doesn't want to believe it.

Although I do need a reason to get up in the morning, I did not whimsically
make up this stuff about Bush.  What he does affects so many lives. He has
made so many mistakes, not just because he was a 'D" student at Yale and
doesn't like to read, but because he is unable to learn anything.
Ray