It seems that problems deriving from DBS do not end with the surgery
itself..

A member of our support group was the third person in this area to have
DBS (on one side only) and the surgery was remarkably successful .  Five
yearrs later, she is beginning to have symptoms again and she went to
see the surgeon to  find out about having the other side done. The
surgeon, who has meantime done hundreds more DBSs, looked at her scar
and discovered  to  his horror that the scar tissue was exceeding ly
thin; he could see the wires through the skin, and he has recommended
that this lady have immediate plastic surgery to reinforce the skin. If
she hadnt gone to see him just then , who knows what may hiave happened.
And no-one is sure whether she now can have the second DBS.  Who would
think of checking a scar on the top of your head, hidden by hair?

Hilary Blue