> Date:    Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:51:53 -0400
> From:    "Catherine F. Schryer" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: graduate programs in Canada
>
> Hello
> There are not a lot of programs in Canada, and they take a
> different kind of
> path then the programs in the States, mostly because of an absence
> of the
> traditional composition program as it exists in the States.

Can anyone briefly explain how this came to be, or its consequences?

Are there resources available (books, journal articles, white papers,
etc.) which would explain why Comp never took hold here as a discipline?

I'm interested both in historical reasons and today's consequences
insofar as it seems Lit instructors usually end up teaching comp,
especially at the college level.

Cheers,
-marc christensen
victoria, bc