Yes, my 2005 article forthcoming in the Graves' book is based on the
1999 version plus an update in 2003 and then in 2005.

You may be interested in viewing some of my raw online data and
supplementary information here:
http://www.ucalgary.ca/~smit/AcademicWritingCanadaU.htm

Of interest may be my section titled "History & Transformation Strategies"
It is my analysis of the positive and negative transformations in
composition instruction, and some of the possible reasons for them.