May I respectfully urge Cathy to reconsider her simile?  :-)

Seems to me that a Mac trucks is  much more like a five-paragraph essay, clunky, capable of running down and over anything in its path, and limited in its cargo space to certain dimensions and capacity.  And both have certainly all the weight of capitalist commerce behind them.

Bicycles by contrast are nimble and adaptive technologies, which come in different formats depending on the purpose and terrain in which they are used, and are highly responsive to both the rider and the environment.

Hmm...

Susan

Susan Drain, PhD
Department of English