Dear Friends,

I know of at least one subscriber that was not able to open the original
  attachment that came with this message successfully. So I am sending
it out again with the text of the attachment in the body of the message
instead. Unfortunately this means the loss of the formatting, but at
least it preserves the "meat"!

Abigail

An Event that will be of particular interest to you and your students

PLS – the Medieval and Renaissance Players of the University of Toronto
– Presents a Series of 3 Audience-Participation Play-Reading Events

For these special events our audience will take parts in an informal
reading of three 16th Century plays from the repertoire of the
celebrated Elizabethan theatre troupe, The Queen’s Men.

If the plots seem familiar, it is because these are the original plays
that inspired Shakespeare’s King Lear and Henry V, amongst others of his
plays.

The readings will be done under one of our established Directors, who
will lead his “cast” through the text, providing valuable insights into
the acting methods and traditions of pre-Shakespearean English theatre,
and an enjoyable exploration into the full beauty and meaning of the
spoken words.

No acting experience is required. Should you not want to participate in
the reading, come anyway and enjoy the event. Though its primary purpose
is to have fun, it will also put you and your students in touch with the
lively originals behind Shakespeare’s later masterworks on the same
themes ... and give you a comparison basis for an even fuller
appreciation of his genius.

PLAYS AND READING-DATES:
Thursday, November 10, 2005 – 7:30 p.m. – Centre for Medieval Studies,
39 Queen’s Park Cresc. E., Toronto KING LEIR

Saturday, November 19, 2005 – 7:30 p.m. – Centre for Medieval Studies,
39 Queen’s Park Cresc. E., Toronto THREE LADIES OF LONDON

Thursday, November 24, 2005 – 7:30 p.m. – Centre for Medieval Studies,
39 Queen’s Park Cresc. E., Toronto FAMOUS VICTORIES OF HENRY THE FIFTH

Reservations are not required except for groups. In this case, please
call PLS at 416-978-5096 so that we may reserve sufficient seats for
your group.

No payment is required but a donation will be gratefully accepted.

--
Abigail Ann Young (Dr), Associate Editor/ Records of Early English Drama/
Victoria College/ 150 Charles Street W/ Toronto Ontario Canada