Paula,

I would like the references for each of the claims you have made..  I
think you have confused  the studies.  I participated in a study that
used  fetal cells rather than stem  cells and some of the subjects
developed a  run away dyskinesia possibly because of  poor placement.
As far as I know the cells did not develop into other ectodermal  tissue .

Regarding Bush being anti science,  his support  of teaching "
intelligent design"  in science classes
is akin to teaching that some people believe that  the sun goes around
the earth in astronomy class.  He appoints cronies who agree with him in
spite  of their poor qualifications and ignores reports that he
disagrees with like global warming.  Yes there is money  in grants for
certain lines of research but other less popular (AND LESS LIKELY TO
develop into positive knowledge) gets less money but science goes on and
it works .  Likely it will be found  that the dopamine from the
substantia nigra is not the only neurotransmitter which is operative in
PD. But this is no reason to not study the sunbstantia nigra  and dopamine..

Unfortunately PD is incurable at the current time.. in spite of claims
to the contrary stem cell research both types (adult and embryonic),
have potential to develop into such a cure. and the  ban on funding
ESCR while  it is admittedly a long shot ,  gives me and others hope
that we will survive long enough  to take advantage of it.. Charles T.
Meyer, MD