Joe wrote:
> Oregon voters twice passed Death with Dignity initiatives to meet the
> needs of their citizens, and this administration is fighting them all the
> way to the US Supreme Court.
--------------
Maybe that discussion needs to take place.  I'm hoping that the Supreme
Court upholds State rights.  Once that happens, any action against stem cell
research *should* be severely damaged.
----------
. On either the federal or state levels these neo conservative "culture
warriors" will no more stop their assault on our personal lives
--------------

That has always been true in the U.S.  The reality is that moderates, not
those on the far left or the far right, run the show.  While on occasion,
our country has been ruled by either extreme (McCarthy era being an
example), moderation always wins out eventually.  Supreme Court cases will
be tested and re-tested.  I am praying that logic and reason will prevail.

If we really want to impact on the political process, we will vigilant and
active in State politics because that is where real change can occur.
---------
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 65/25 with PD)