In a message dated 10/13/2005 2:01:39 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Glenn

Re Exercise, in my first few years with PD I treadmilled  for an hour and
'swam".  I ended up getting  my own treadmill and  pool in CA., tax
deductibles with doctor Rx..

Since moving to AZ Nov  2004 it took over 6 months to construct pool and I
have had to stay out of  water due to basal cell carcinomas on my legs for
over a month.  Can  only treadmill about 6 minutes now, but am hoping to
gradually increase my  time.  I treadmill to 1920's Dixieland jazz music.  I
like the  treadmill because I can hang on to the bars  I can't walk  without
walkers

I know I will gradually get worse, but think the  exercise is critical.  It
helped Chris Reeve, though not enough.   Hope you can find something you
really like to do.  Have never been  one for the water and do my swimming at
night out of the sun.

Good  luck, Ray
----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn Brown"  <[log in to unmask]>

hello ray,

i know it is predicted that what we have is a gradually progressive
condition. however, if we did not have the malady at all and did not use our  muscules
we would eventually develop a condition that  would be  detrimental. just my
thought. i don't know but i find that the more i move  about, especially my
morning walks with my german shepherd dog, the better i  feel. i know everything
is not for everybody but i am willing to try anything  once, if it works
fine, if it doesn't i'll try something else. muscles were  made for movement, if
they are not used. they will naturally deteriorate pd  not withstanding. just
my .02 worth what do you think? i hope you can find  that happy medium.

glenn