Sorry, Paula.  As a scientist and a university educator who is well-versed on
the subject matter below, I can tell you that (a) Intelligent design is a
religious concept (one that is a matter of belief), not a scientific one (i.e,
one that can be tested via the scientific method), (b) that you are off course
on your analysis--but this is not the proper list for in-depth dialogue or
debate on it (although, you can verify yourself that we have dated minerals on
Earth to 4.0-4.2 billion years ago, and rocks from the moon--once part of
Earth--at 4.4-4.5 bya, also see P.S.), and/because (c) this thread has little
if any significant bearing on the topic of Parkinson's disease.  Scott Antes

P.S. Regarding the sun shrinking/movement figures you specify, they are
figures used by non-scientists to discredit what science knows--and is still
learning--about the age of Earth and our solar system.

>===== Original Message From "Parkinson's Information Exchange Network"
>The earth's rotation is slowing very slowly every year because of tidal
friction. The moon's distance from the Earth is increasing 2 inches a year.
Working back, would mean the moon and earth would be touching only two billion
years ago.  Or starting as a realistic distance of separation, if the earth is
5 billion years old the moon would be out of sight by now.

>The sun's diameter appears to have been decreasing by about 1/10 % a century.
Scientists have been watching for over a hundred years and the evidence is
conclusive.  Every hour the sun is shrinking about 5 feet.  If the sun is
shrinking 1/10% per hundred years, then it is shrinking 1% a millennium.  If
the sun existed only 100,000 years ago it would have been double it's present
diameter, and only 20 million years ago the surface of the sun would be
touching the Earth.  The earth is supposed to be 4.5 billion years how does
that work.?

>Yes there is a scientific part of Intelegent Design.
>Paula
>
>"M.Schild" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> The earth's magnetic field is decaying rapidly. Only 8,000 years ago the
>earth's magnetic strength would have been equal that of a magnetic star, and
>a million years ago it would have been impossibly high.
>
>The earth has never been a star so its magnetic field could never have been
>that strong.
>

>> According to the Big Bang, all the planets are moving apart. How come we
>> can still see the moon that is moving away from us?
>
>Because the moon is not a planet. It revolves around the earth, it is earth´s
>satellite. The attraction of the earth is diminishing and the moon is leaving
>us...very slowly.
>
>> How come the sun didn't
>> incinerate us when we were closer?
>
>Because the Earth never revolved close enough to the sun.
>
>> why can't they show just the scientific parts of Intelligent Design in the
>schools along side of it.
>

>Is there a scientific part?
>
>> Let the students see what sounds logical. No mention of the Bible. And any
>other religious theory of development of the earth that has science behind it
>also could be included, but there aren't any.
>
>There is no science behind the bible nor any other ´holy´ theory.
>
>Maryse cg JOhn 76,16

Scott E. Antes
Department of Anthropology
Northern Arizona University