Dear Linda and List members,

Thank you for the reminder that legislation on HR 810 (the stem cell
research enhancement act) has been put on the "back burner" by Senator  Frist.  It is
not at all surprising to me that Senator Frist has not  scheduled to bring
this bill to the floor for debate and vote at this  time.  The little "Two Step"
that is being performed here is:

 a)  HR 810 passed the House and it looks like there is a very  good chance
it will pass the Senate when it is brought to vote.  The key  words being
here..."when it is brought to vote."

b)  Senator Frist announces his support for embryonic  stem cell research.
(Let's see...first he thinks it's a good thing, then he  thinks it's a bad
thing, then he thinks it's a good thing).

c)  Knowing that if the bill is passed and it comes to Pres.  Bush's desk he
will veto it even though the majority of Americans  are in favor of stem cell
research, perhaps it would be best that it not come to  a vote.  Knowing that
Senator Frist's latest position on stem cell  research has outraged his
conservative christian backers, perhaps it would be  best that it not come to vote.

"Ah...I love to do a little two-step...now you see me.  Now you  don't."

Dee