Hi Merv,

For what reason does your Neuro say your 'undermedicated'? I don't know
your situation or history but compared to me I'd say you were
overmedicated. I won't bore you with mydetails and ideas here, as most of
it is in my emails in the PIENO archive which, now I'm back, I intend to
consolidate and update and make available to the group. But just let me
say this for now; based on my experience I have no confidence in Neuro's
and GP's and I have no faith in the Pharmaceutical industry coming up with
a cure because they are only interested in drugs to manage[supress]
symptoms, of a given illness, for as long as possible, because of the
$dollars. PWPers are a 'gold mine' for them. I was told I was under
medicated in august 1999 and my Permax was increased to 3mg/day from
1mg/day. Three months later I started to have swollen feet/ankles/legs. My
GP concluded that this was due to inactivity and in consultation with my
Neuro prescribed Sinemet(size 62,5). So from September 2000 I was taking
3mg Permax and 3 (62,5) per day. There was no improvement in my mobility,
the swelling got worse and I started having problems with sleep. My GP
said I should increase the Sinemet; I refused. Here we are 5yrs later and
I'm no worse, if anything alittle better, especially if I get a good
nights sleep, and I'm only taking 2mg Permax and 2(62,50 Sinemet per day.
I reduced the daily dose more than 18months ago. And I'm glad I did
because I recently read that a Canadian leading Neuro has conclusive
evidence that Permax causes serious damage to the heart, such that it
should be withdrawn [he presented his paper in April 2004) and Permax is
still being prescribed, neither my GP nor Neuro have contacted me to
switch agonist!] I have only ever taken one other drug for a long period,
Prothiadenn, an anti-depressant, 8/1988 to 1/1990. This is no longer
prescribed as it had dangerous side-effects, like indducing Prkinsons!

More later.

Marco