Dear Dr. Scouten,

I find your contributions to the List very informative and truly valuable  in
keeping us on the right track when it comes to explanations and answers to
some of the "scientific" questions that come up.

I was hoping that you might address a question of mine which relates to  your
recent post concerning mitochondria.  You point out that mitochondria  is
transmitted from the mother only.  In my reading concerning possible  causes of
PD, I have come across articles that mention mitochondria as a  possible factor
in PD.  Does the fact that an individual's mitochondria  comes only from the
mother's side tend to rule it out as a causitive factor in  PD?  Thank you for
your contributions to the List.

Dee