The term "Natural Selection" can imply there is somehow an "intention" to
move things toward a particular goal or direction, as if there is a plan
involved. I don't think nature plans ahead. Natural selection passes on
genetic information from organisms  who were successful in having and
perhaps raising offspring. It seems like placing a bet on tomorrows weather
based on what today's weather was. It's certainly right often enough to
create whole new species over time.
 I think that's a purely physical activity that does not involve judgment,
intention or thought. I think of a series of gates that lets your genes pass
or not to the next generation. Some of those genes may or may not increase
the "fitness" of your descendants, but also think about  genes like those
that cause  sickle cell anemia, they increased the fitness of your ancestors
(Good Gene!!) by protecting them from malaria, but then cause serious
illness for you and your descendants (Bad Gene!!).
I'm comfortable knowing that other people see it differently, but I reject
the idea that my having PD is part of any kind of plan, natural or
otherwise. Accidents happen! Without accidents (mutations) I can't imagine
how we could have evolution.
I agree 100% that the big question, and our common cause, is what we can do
about PD.

Joe