As much as an environmentalist as I am, Rick, we bought 107 acres in the Zuni
mountains of New Mexico last year so that we could get the heck *out* of town.
 That property is in the middle of a forest, at 8000-8700 feet elevation.
Now, we realize that driving the 25 miles or so into town isn't a great idea,
but we figure we'll do it only once or maybe twice a week--like we did when we
lived in rural Minnesota years ago.  Laureen's PD symptoms--remarkably--seem
to decrease a bit at the high altitude, and she can walk *much* longer and
further there--on mountain trails, too--than she can here in town.  Scott

>>From: Rick McGirr <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: [log in to unmask]
>>Subject: Re: Drug Company profits
>>Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:27:57 -0400

>>...I am planning to reduce my family's dependence on foreign oil and on
>>global corporations.  I'm selling my house in the suburbs, which were
>>designed around the car, and going back to the city where I grew up.
>>And I'm waiting for an affordable hybrid vehicle while I board
>>Buffalo's infamous 'subway to nowhere'....
>>Enjoy Fall!
>>Rick McGirr

Scott E. Antes
Department of Anthropology