I just found out from one of Diane's posts that an Arizona court did NOT find that an embryo had constitutional rights.  It involved a case where an in vitro client couple was suing an IVF clinic for accidental thawing of an embryo, or something like that.

 I would think it would be difficult to get the courts to grant 14th amendment rights to embryos or prison sentences for perps or scientists, but you never know - anti-cures folks are working hard on this.

Ray