Great rant, Rick!!!  Keep it up!   -All the best,  Geo.

You said....
 ....Well, now that I'm inside it, I don't want people to feel that way
about me.
I just want people to interact with me normally, to ignore my problems
and not treat me like a freak, not ostracize me, nor to defer to my
difficulty or pamper me.  If I knew then what I know now, I might have
at least said 'howdy' to that guy.  In the Buffalo vernacular that
would read 'haya doo-un'.  But I remember, when I was younger, not
wanting anything to do with people who weren't 'cool', wanting to move
fast and not be burdened or slowed down or to have to even think about
disabilities and people afflicted with them.  Seems like ages ago
already.  Image is much more important to the young.  Now I couldn't
care less how people judge me in a social context, because I now know
that that stuff is very superficial.  My concern remains that as a
person who is often on a stage somewhere, that my colleagues on stage
will shun me for considerations of image.  Def Leopard tried to stick
with their drummer after he lost his arm in a car crash.  Fickle fans
wouldn't go for it.  I must say that having PD has opened my eyes to
the fact that there are real people inside these malfunctioning
bodies, with invaluable stories to tell.  I see people differently
now.  The healthy ones don't appreciate how fragile their image and
their independence are, nor do they realize the depth and breadth that
still glows in the hearts of the afflicted.  Adversity does enrich
your outlook.

So that's my rant for today.  Thanks again.....