>Dee,
>
>Several years ago I both strongly urged the group to establish a database
>and designed an in depth questionnaire. I was dissapointed by the
>response, i.e. very few. The comments ranged from 'too complex', 'invasion
>of privacy', 'too late for me, why bother'.The questionnaire was severely
>cut and eventually circulated. The management of this was done by Edith
>and Mario. I did not take part because the data being collected would not
>have, in my opinion, produced any meaningful results.
>
>I don't think my original questionnaire was too complex, i.e. too many
>questions. In fact, I think more could be added.

... deleted for brevity

>I still believe that this group, the largest in the world, could produce
>some very interesting analysis/results. One key point, it should be
>completed without the involvement of any Drug company, or any Research
>Department that is receiving any funding from a Drug company.
>
>Marco

I'd be happy to participate. I can well imagine a questionnaire
getting very long, we have such varied symptoms and histories. But as
a former programmer I don't see where it would be terribly complex,
at least not for the users. If we could get a hundred thousand
participants the shear numbers could produce linkages that no one has
been able to notice.
I'd like to see some funding for projects that don't involve
pharmaceuticals. Are you listening APDA?

Steve
--
Stephen Rack
Brattleboro, VT