Rick McGirr wrote:

>   My concern remains that as a
> person who is often on a stage somewhere, that my colleagues on stage
> will shun me for considerations of image.  Def Leopard tried to stick
> with their drummer after he lost his arm in a car crash.  Fickle fans
> wouldn't go for it.

Rick:

This made me think of a situation in the classical music world. Most
artists are in good health and do not have to worry about appearances.
But there is a German artist, a Baritone, who I believe was a
Thalidomide baby. He has minimal arms and legs. His name is Thomas
Quasthoff. He has a successful career singing Lieder, and there has been
talk to even have him do opera roles despite his disability. He really
has a good voice. So it can be done, but I think you are right, the
minimum tolerance for these kind of problems occur  in the teens and
twenties.
Maybe tolerance can be taught. Wow them 8-)

K. F.