I have some 300-plus students every semester.  They tend to be young, vibrant,
and very healthy.  Most of them probably fit Rick's description.  Those of us
who have a few miles on us--not to mention a few physical burdens, however,
probably think about and appreciate whatever mental and physical health we
have.  Personally, I think about it every time I walk my dogs--which I
couldn't do a few years ago, and every time I see my wife going through a
really violent episode of drug reaction.  She has a beautiful mind and a
bundle of talent, but average people who see her in the supermarket probably
will never consider that.  All they'll see is someone who walks funny and
whose head often thrashes uncontrollably.   Scott

>===== Original Message From "Parkinson's Information Exchange Network"
>Rick, your rant is beautifully said.  I think I'll put a copy of it on my
>clinical division.  Actually, I think it should be published somewhere.  It
>is so true that the healthy do not know about the gift that they possess.
>-----------
>God bless
>Mary Ann (CG Jamie 66/26 with PD)
>
> I see people differently
>> now.  The healthy ones don't appreciate how fragile their image and
>> their independence are, nor do they realize the depth and breadth that
>> still glows in the hearts of the afflicted.  Adversity does enrich
>> your outlook.
>>
>> So that's my rant for today.  Thanks again.
>>
>> Enjoy Fall!
>> Rick McGirr
>> Email: [log in to unmask]

Scott E. Antes