Good morning Scott,

At least it's morning here in Illinois...a rather gray and rainy  Halloween
morning.  Hoping it clears up some by the time the little Goblins  take to the
village streets.

In answer to your question about shoulder shrugging, I don't have that
problem myself.  When I go annually to my doctor at Washington U.(I see him  once a
year and see my local neuro. on "as needed basis") he always presses his
thumbs into the joint between my shoulder and chest and asks me if I have pain
there and I always respond that I do not.  I do have arm and shoulder pain  on
my affected side (the left side) but not localized in that area.   I've always
wondered why he focuses on this but just assumed that many people do  have
the pain that he is referring to.  My problems are in my lower back,  and
through my left hip, running down to my foot.  The muscles are always  tight there
and I am constantly doing stretches to loosen them up.

It does seem strange that your wife would have difficulty shrugging her
shoulders when her Sinemet is working.  That is when we  should be at our most
flexible and pain free.  I do recall having read  articles about Levadopa related
dystonia.  In those cases, I  believe the recommendation was to reduce the
Sinemet dosage to see if it  relieves the dystonia without aggravating the
Parkinson's symptoms.  If  that doesn't work, it is suggested that adding
Amantadine might help.   Check with your doctor if you suspect that there is a
connection here and do  some research on the subject before doing any alteration to
the drug  dosage.

Happy Halloween!

Dee