Dee,

Several years ago I both strongly urged the group to establish a database
and designed an in depth questionnaire. I was dissapointed by the
response, i.e. very few. The comments ranged from 'too complex', 'invasion
of privacy', 'too late for me, why bother'.The questionnaire was severely
cut and eventually circulated. The management of this was done by Edith
and Mario. I did not take part because the data being collected would not
have, in my opinion, produced any meaningful results.

I don't think my original questionnaire was too complex, i.e. too many
questions. In fact, I think more could be added.

As for invasion of privacy there would have been none because there was no
way of identifying the individual from the responses.

And as for the last point, I think we have a duty and responsibility to do
whatever we can to help identify the cause/s of PD; even if we don't
individually benefit.

I still believe that this group, the largest in the world, could produce
some very interesting analysis/results. One key point, it should be
completed without the involvement of any Drug company, or any Research
Department that is receiving any funding from a Drug company.

Marco