FYI, and very well stated...

Subject: letter submitted to NY Times

To the Editor:

Olivia Judson's article ("Evolution Is in the Air", Op-Ed page, Nov. 6,
2005) posited that
avian flu could be what what proves Darwin's theory, but I fear that
much of the country
will require a stronger wake up call to face their hypocrisy. More than
half the US ignores
the science they count on everyday, from the high tech weapons they rely
on to protect us
to the quantum effects which power their beloved DVD players, but this
same populace is
all too willing to bite the hand of those "elite" scientists that bring
them life-saving
marvels.

I don't believe that things will change in America until the half that
gives itself a free pass
faces its hypocrisy. It is time to challenge conservatives to stand up
to their convictions:
Those who deny evolution and global warming should be encouraged to
forego scarce flu
vaccine and leave the fruits of science to its supporters. Maybe then we
can begin the
dialogue which is sorely needed in this country.

Michael Jay
4023 Murietta Avenue
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423

The writer is a composer and music engineer working in Hollywood.