This is the second of my soon to be famous (or is it infamous) posts on this subject.  Well it is important.  With pd rigidity as well as apnea can affect breathing.  "Off" times, illness  and physical condition can have a significant effect.  The exercises need to be done regularly and frequently.  If at all posible get some regular aerobic exercise.  Sometimes one needs to get inventive.  Drink plenty of fluids and eat well.
-  For all of these lie supine (at least the first few times).
1. Breath quickly and completely in and out for no more
than one min. Again use the diaphram, the chest should not move up but just inflate, you will notice the abdomen moving.  This one I remember from Dr. Weils book (Breathing: The Master Key to Self Healing )  Another book that has many breathing exercises is one on Gi Gong (I need to get the author from my youngest boy)
2. Using the diaphram fill the lungs completely but only exhale half way.  This should have a regular rhythm.  Focus on the in.
3. With the same rhythm forcefully exhale all of the air in your lungs and only breath in to half capacity.  Focus on the out portion.
4. Forcefully exhale the last of your breath emmitting a loud keup (martial arts yell).  The phonetics can be anything (I use the made up word utz).  This is done when you want to wake your mother in law or when splitting wood (with your hand or an ax).  Have fun!
\Randy

Games to entertain your brain.
http://www.stargraphics.com

Star Graphics Corp