Hi Rick:

Yes, I have been trying to exercise regularly some months before this
diagnosis.  I do water aerobics when sessions are available and toning and strength
training at the senior center twice a week.  My diet is not too bad except for
chocolate.  I have no other health problems except osteoporosis and only take
one pill a week (fosomax 70)  So you can see why I do not want to start
medication.  I hope some of this exercise helps my stiffness.  From what I gather,
if you start this medication, it eventually wears off when you really need it.
I will be going to Baltimore in Dec to new Dr. and see what he says.  Any
info is helpful.  I have 3 books I am reading and sometimes enough is enough and
I have to put them down.,  They can be depressing but I guess it is reality.
        Debbie