I took brand name Sinemet for 5 years before I switched to generic and I can't tell the difference but I don't have or should say I have very little tremor, my problem is gait, balance and rigidity.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Frederick W. Hodgkins" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Nov 11, 2005 3:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Sinemet - vs Generic

I have been diagnosed with PD since "99 and the symptom that bothers me  most
is the tremor.  I am struggling to decide on Medicare prescription  plans and
am discovering the actual cost of my medication which was previously
completely covered.  I take Sinemet CR 25/100, Time released 3 times  daily and
Amantadine 10 mg 3 times daily.  The Sinemet, which is  brand-named, Is much more
costly than its generic counterpart.  I am  hesitant to order the generic
because it would not be as effective with the  tremor's as the brand name,
especially the time released feature.  Does  anyone have any experience with
brand-name versus generic Sinemet?  Is this  the medication that's controlling my
tremors or is it the  Amantadine?

LIVING IN GOD'S BEAUTIFUL NORTHERN MICHIGAN

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com