Thanks Peggy
What got cut from the story was the fact that some people don't have "good"
results.  One List Member emailed me that her son's DBS benefits diminished
over time.  Another lady, whose daughter I have emailed had very bad
results.

Believe me, I am thrilled to hear of PD meds helping someone but they helped
me only once.  I still can barely walk, talk, have double vision and my
hands are like paws...as I said, I didn't get my life back.  also, being
awake while having brain surgery twice is not exactly a procedure that is
routine or easy. or one that everyone can undergo.

To all those who champion a "positive" attitude, I say great, nothing I or
anyone else says can take it from you and they shouldn't.   But let's be
realistic, not everyone can continue working.  You may die of something
else, it is not ALS, but it is not good news at all.

Peggy, I do think you have a good idea about referencing it in our letters
to congress, etc.  Just received my T-shirt and it is not exactly what I
thought I ordered.  It says "I support stem cell research Ask me why" on
front...on back it says George Bush is standing in your doctor's way ask
him why (202) 456-1111
I  hope I don't get beat up - I had wanted to leave him out of it as I have
Republican friends who support ESCR.

One family member of mine who converted to Catholicism saw a picture of me
smiling in a bathing suit getting out of my pool in CA said "keep up your
positive attitude"  That is what people said when I had ovarian cancer.
What a burden!  I do have a "black" sense of humor....you've just been
sentenced to the guillotine, keep a positive attitude....now that's funny.
Ray