Debbie,

It's not as black as Raylin states. I was diagnosed April 1993, stopped
work August 1996, started meds Feb 1999[Permax]  and Aug 2000 [Sinemet].
The most difficult period was 1997 thru 1998. Permax [agonist] turned
everything around. August 2004 i reduced the daily dosage and I'm doing
OK. I don't shake or have any involuntary movement; my speech has not
changed. I can take of my personal needs and cooking [I'm on my own most
days as my wife has rejected me]. The only boooks i read are on nutrtion,
fitness and the brain = most PD books are too depressing. I discovered
espresso coffee helps. The most important thing is to have a positve
attitude.

have faith and never loose hope.

Marco