David,

A Professor David Healey, Psychiatrist, has openly attacked the lack of
control and monitoring of SSRI's, in particular Prozac. You can lookhim up
on www.wikipedia.com - I actually started the search with 'dopamine' and
came across his name inthe text. He holds very strong views; I believe
you'll find it interesting. I certainly did and have asked if I can write
to him; a member of his staff replied in less than two hours, om his
behalf, as he was travelling, saying that I could. I am going to address
the question of anti-depressants in general and one which I took for
18mths, Prothiaden [not an SSRI], which has been withdrawn as one of its
side-effects was to induce PD. A Consultaant in the Neurological rehab
unit at my local hospital said, "a very nasty drug". I also intend
addressing the profit focussed Pharmaceutical $dollar making industry.

My advice is to avoid Anti-D's because they alter the 'chemical soup' that
the brain produces and changes virtually every second. Start and keep to
lowest dosage; make sure you have a GP that asks to see youat least every
2 weeks.

[Debbie, why did your GP/Neuro think you needed an anti-dep? Have you had
a follow-up meeting?

I'll be perfectly honest I'm anti meds and anti Pharma. I believe the AD I
took induced my PD, and several weeks ago I came across a paper by a
leading Canadian Neuuro stating that Permax / Pergolide [agonist] should
be withdrawn as it causes severe damage to the hearts valves. This was
April 2004 and it's still on the UK market. Just by chance I reduced my
daily dosage to 2mg from 3mg August 2004!.

enough for now.

Have faith,

Marco

PS. apologies for typo's