On 9 Nov, 2005, at 06:10, Automatic digest processor (Marco)wrote:

> I think we should put in place a plan, with key objectives, and
> include as
many countries as possible. And put in place an effective Organisation
[made up of PwP's and CG's only]. And that whatever findings/ papers
etc.
we produce be presented to [I think] a neutral body such as the World
Health Organisation  [WHO], Geneva..

This might interest you:

More than six million people around the world suffer from Parkinson's
disease (PD). Patients, caregivers, advocates, and researchers are
working toward a cure. And for the first time ever, this global
community is uniting to share information and hope and to fight PD
together.

If you or someone you love has PD, attend the first international World
Parkinson Congress and learn firsthand about the latest science and
treatments and care for Parkinson's. This first-of-its-kind conference
for Parkinson's will be held February 22-26, 2006, in Washington, DC,
and will enable patients and caregivers to

 Meet leading doctors, scientists, and researchers from around the
world who will talk about new therapies and next steps in PD research

 Talk with PD advocates and care experts about issues such as stem cell
research, clinical trials, coping, and how to afford family care

 Make friends and organize support groups with other patients,
caregivers, and families struggling with PD

 Take part in more than 50 different workshops, where you will learn
how to
        w Manage PD
        w Help your children learn how to grow up with a parent who has
a chronic disease
        w Be a force for health policy change

 Learn how to improve your quality of life through
        w Physical therapy
        w Nutrition
        w Positive thinking
        w Art
        w Exercise
        w Others

Community session topics include

   Parkinson's Disease and the Art of Moving

   Family Care: The Role of Optimism

 In Sickness and in Health: Steps to Prevent Parkinson's from Consuming
a Marriage and a Family

To register for the Congress or for more information, go to

  www.worldpdcongress.org.