(Religiously inspired material belongs in a church, synagogue, mosque, temple or a comparative religion class).   And yes, you in the wheelchair, it affects you. We will not see progress in the US  How sad! It is really a shame that people will not learn what science is in the 21at century.  I'm guessing the Intelligent Designer is the Wizard of OZ..   Ray.
"The US state of Kansas has ruled that science classes in public schools should include the teaching of intelligent design and the doubts it casts on Darwinian evolution. The move has dismayed the nation's scientific community.

The vote on science standards in schools was passed by 6 to 4 by the state's Board of Education. It is a victory for proponents of intelligent design, who helped draft the new standards. Intelligent design suggests that living creatures are too complex to have evolved without the influence of an intelligent designer.

The new standards will come into effect in 2007. The board rewrote the definition of science, so that it is no longer limited to the search for natural explanations of phenomena. Other explanations, such as intelligent design, will now be permitted in biology lessons."