From the BBC:  2 women who had IVF, one child had cystic fibrosis.  Both favor ESCR.

 I am absolutely in favour. I mean Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most hideous diseases.

Not because of the death of a child, at 21 or 22, but because of the process of death which is absolutely terrible really because you have a bright and beautiful child, like my son, with a bright brain, who gets trapped in an increasingly useless body.

I get extremely angry when I hear about stem cell research not being supported - it's our only hope.

We have a good genetic patch programme that is really hopeful and if we don't get that money, and that funding, and people don't move forward, there will be no hope for the two boys that are born and die every week of this disease.

I am not a genetic carrier; 40% of cases of Duchenne muscular dystrophy occur just like that, while 60% are genetic carriers through the female line.

But if I had been able to screen Murray I would have certainly terminated him.

Now he's my beautiful child and I couldn't imagine doing that. But that's because I know the child.