Government is anti-science, Reagan's son says in stem cell talk

By CARA WALSH
Staff Writer

The son of the late President Reagan sought to tie controversy over stem cell research into broader political trends last night in a speech at the opening ceremony for the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists' 2005 convention.

"I am alarmed by an anti-intellectual, anti-science strain in our country and government, beyond stem cell research," said Ron Reagan, a social commentator who is an outspoken advocate for stem cell research.