Dear Catherine,
I have noticed that if I take a regular sinemet too close to bedtime it
gives me powerful "lucid dreams" which I find very disturbing.  I take my
last regular sinemet four hours before I go to sleep.  I do take one CR
sinemet (which iI have found has a minimal symptom relief effect) at bedtime
so as to help me sleep, and this does not tip me into lucid dreams.  Good
luck, David