-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of rayilynlee
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 4:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Hwang & ethics of egg retrieval

George Schlatten of the U. of Pittsburg has severed his collaboration with
Dr. Hwang at the WSCH due to a flap over the ethics of egg retrieval.

Schlatten claims Hwang violated ethical standards by using eggs from a
researcher.  Hwang denies this and Schlatten has not presented any proof.

I did read in one of Diane's posts that Schlatten was fearful of being
arrested in Pennsylvania due to some anti-cloning legislation in that state.

However it is not good news for scientific research.  Research has been
stalled in CA by litigation.

I don't know why I worry about all this as there will be no cure in my
lifetime anyway.  It is just strange to be living in the 21st century and
suddenly be returned to the 11th.
Stay tuned.

Ray